5 years since I last heard his voice..saw his face…heard “I love you…and I’m so in love with you, baby.”
And in these 5 years I’ve learned just what it takes to be the “perfect” widow, and I’d like to share it with all of y’all:
- You must be imperfect.
- You must make mistakes.
- You must persevere.
- You must follow your heart.
- You must do so knowing that many will tell you you shouldn’t.
- You must ignore them.
- You must find a reason to smile…
- Not everyday…as that is not feasible…but more times then times you frown in a year will suffice.
- Being a widow is a title you should be proud of..
- Never forget that.
- You are amazing.
- Your spouses love will get you through the moments that you will sometimes feel are unbearable…
- Keep you heart open to feeling it.
- Life is short.
- Love is eternal.
- Repeat that to yourself each day.
And there you have it….ingredients to being the perfect widow.
It took me 5 years to realize and I’m sure I’ll become more “perfect” along the way…but this is all I have so far.